Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Sun Also Rises


The sun rising on the Pacific horizon.

Flying over the Pacific back to The States and about six hours into our flight, Ruben lifted our window shade, looked out and said, "Wow. Look at that. Let me take a picture."
 
We were about four hours out from Salt Lake City, had passed the International Dateline, and were letting the movie choices delay the fatigue and flood of memories that would come later.
 
As we settle down on this side of jet lag, we would like to thank you for your interest in our blog. It was fun to do and I reccomend it it as a way to share photos and experiences.

A great big arigatoo gozaimasu to my traveling buddy, Ruben. I watched you grow, Grandson, during this trip, and I ain't just talking about physical growth. Thanks for helping me out with all the luggage in the airports, for being so heads-up at the ticket machines, for your reliable sense of direction, for your ever-present willingness to try new foods and a new language, for your non-stop sense of humor (including fart jokes?) and your good will. I love you, Ruben.

Marsha, thank you for letting me go on this trip and for letting me return! Your generosity, creativity, and love knows no bounds. You show me why "there's no place like home!" As good a time as I had on this trip, it's great to be back here with you.

Our gratitude, expressed in mere words but heartfelt beyond words, goes out to the Sapporo Colemans - Vince ("Buzz"), Yukari, and Ren. It extends to all the Sato family and to their friends we met who are certainly part of our family and who are our friends now, too. Thanks for letting us be a part of your lives, your community, and for showing us that we are all community together. Peace.

No comments: